Re: aside: killfiles & mailing software

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Damien wrote:

> i actually have a procmail setup here, filtering debian-user into a different
> mailbox. it's functional enought, but i never bothered learning much of the
> procmail syntax. now would be a good time to read up on it.

For procmail, you'd want to write the following recipe:

:0
* ^From.*badguy@loserisp\.com
/dev/null

BTW, searching on Google for "procmail tutorial" gave a number of promising
hits (as Google always does).  I believe I cut my teeth on something from
University of Washington, but there might be better stuff out there.

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington             http://rcs.ee.washington.edu/ssli