broken libc6/nss-modules in woody

Hello,

after an "apt-get dist-upgrade" my system (woody) seems quite broken.
Apache and lprng among other daemons/progs are no longer working:

#/etc/init.d/apache start
Starting web server: apache.
/usr/sbin/apachectl: line 171:  1603 Aborted                 $HTTPD
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

#tail -f /var/log/apache/error.log
apache: options.c:326: ldap_set_option: Assertion
`( ( ld )->ld_options.ldo_valid == 0x2 )' failed.

Also my system load average is shown (with top) as being around 1.2
although I can't see any obvious "culprit"-processes, and the system
doesn't "feel" loaded.

Apparently there are problems with libc6/nss-modules.

Does anyone know when/if this libc6/nss-modules issue will be fixed?

Is there any easy way to "downgrade" the libc6 stuff I broke with
"apt-get dist-upgrade"?

If I compile new software on my system in its present state,
will the newly compiled software be inherently broken, or will
its "brokeness" be fixed when the general issue with the
libc6-stuff gets fixed?

thanks for any help,

Robert