Re: How do I do an ftp install?

If you have not yet been to the Debian site, here's a good place to get
installation help:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install

Basically, you download the Debian base system.  Then configure your
Internet connection and connect to the big package source in the sky.  Then
you can easily download and install anything you want.

-jeff