Re: fullscreen video playback

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 10:42:03PM -0200, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, nate@firetrail.com wrote:
> > without proper video acceleration in X this is not
> > possible/reccomended. try using the double option in mpegtv and you'll see
>
> Well, if you define a videomode closer to the resolution of the video you're
> playing, SDL fullscreen mode should switch the Xserver to that mode, I think.
> This is obviously not even close to a good hardware-based scale-and-dirther
> solution, but at least the movies will not be played in a small rectangle
> with huge black borders anymore :-)

On a local newsgroup, someone said I need the "dbe" module loaded in order
to let SDL to video mode switching.  What package provides the dbe module?

I'm running Debian 2.2, with the xfree 3.3.6 package.  I can't find any
relevant dbe files on my system.  In fact, I don't even have the directory
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules on my computer.

Thanks again!
Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"I may make you feel, but I can't make you think."