Netscape error: "The security library has experienced an error."

I am trying to download some software from the Australian Tax Office,
but when I clicked on the button to download, it gave the error:

  The security library has experienced an error.
  You will probably be unable to connect to this site securely.

Does anyone know what's wrong?  I am using Netscape Navigator 4.73.

I looked to see if there were any security settings I could play with,
but couldn't find any under "preferences" or anything else for that
matter.

I know my brother successfully downloaded the same software, but he
might have used an older version of netscape.  I would ask him about
it except he is on his honeymoon!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Mark.

--