Re: telnet doesn't find localhost

:: Wayne Topa writes:

Thanks for replying, Wayne.

>> This is probably a known problem. I checked the BTS some time ago,
>> and tehre was a bug filed against telnet, I guess... It couldn't
>> resolve "localhost".

> Just tried to telnet to localhost and it works fine (potato).

Oh, I'm using woody...

> Have you modified the /etc/network/interfaces file?  You might try
> enabling  the first line, ie

I didn't change it; the problem was almost surely caused by some
upgrade; I just don't know which package did it!

>  iface lo inet loopback

It was commented out, I enebled it, and still that didn't work.

"lo" was already up before this. Telnet complains about a "Temporary
failure in name resolution"

Anything else I could try?
Any other woody users having the same problem?

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil