Re: Recording mp3 files to a CD

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000 12:00:39 -0700, Bob Nielsen said:

> I've been trying to record a few audio .mp3 files to a CD-R.  The
>  CD-Writing-HOWTO says to use mpg123 with a --cdr option to create the
>  correct format, which can then be written to the CD with cdrecord,
>  however the version of mpg123 in potato (0.59r-6) does not appear to
>  support this and I can't find a new version.  I tried decoding the mp3
>  without --cdr and was able to write to a CD-R disc. When I attempt
>  to play it back the tracks are recognized but there is no audio output.
>
>  I also tried using freeamp with the waveout.pmo plugin to create a .wav
>  file from a .mp3 file.  This is supposed to cause the .wav file to be
>  written in ~/MyMusic, but nothing appears there.
>
>  Has anyone on the list figured out how to record mp3 to a CD?   Is
>  there a version of sox which supports the mp3 format?

	I have used 'gtoaster' which is a gui that uses all the standard
programs including mp123 but has a drag and drop
panel to select cd's and mp3's.
	Also you can use 'xmms' and its DirectWriterPlugin to convert mp3 to
wav files and then just use 'cdrecord' on the
cmd line. Read	about this at www.funky-penguin.co.uk.

--
gEEk||dOOd^Deb+ian&&XFce$everything goes<Pronto>(-_-)