Samba across a highly weird network setup.

Ok, need help guys. We're trying to configure here a network setup for
samba.

Say this is setup in 2 rooms.

1st room.
You have 3 machines, one that has a modem, and controls the connection,
2 workstations, on an external network (internet visible IP's), with a
network cable going to a 4th machine in the 2nd room

2nd room.
3 more machines, one with a gateway type setup (hence cable mentioned
above) which is also a wins server, and 2 machines using ip
masquerading.

Many may ask, WHY??? rofl, but situation is, we don't have enough ip's
to go around. only enough to cover the 3 machines in the 1st room, and
the gateway box in the 2nd.

Question is, how would we enable samba to work through the gateway from
the masq'd boxes to the machines on the external network. We can go
masqbox > external, but can't go external > masqbox. The machines on the
external network can see the names of the masq'd network, but can't
access them. Anyone know how to? short of getting more ip's or bunging
the whole lot on a masq'd connection?

Any hints or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Peter.