Re: Java JSP Tomcat

At 05:11 PM 10/20/2000 +0200, Marcus Crafter wrote:
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Gregory Guthrie wrote:

> At 11:59 AM 10/19/2000 +0200, Marcus Crafter wrote:
>
> >The package is already availabe at http://master.debian.org/~sgybas/tomcat/.
-- I think I got it installed; had to go to IBM for one missing package, then access unstable to get the two other missing packages, then re-ftp the remote .deb to re-install. The package database remembered it, but not enough to install it(?!).

It would be nice if there was a short writeup of this, what to get from IBM, what other packages needed pre-install, how to get them without converting your entire system to unstable, etc... I'd write it, but I am not yet successful, and don't really understand the vagaries of the package system.

Anyway, everything seems to be here, but two questions;

1) How to test it?

2) there seem to be two webapps directories, which is the real one!.
        /usr/share/java/webapps
        /usr/share/java/webapps/admin.war
        /usr/share/java/webapps/examples.war
        /usr/share/java/webapps/ROOT.war
        /usr/share/tomcat/webapps  ->  var/lib/tomcat/webapps

Thanks,

Gregory
Dr. Gregory Guthrie
gguthrie@mum.edu         (641)472-1125    Fax: -1103
       Computer Science Department
       School of Computing and Information Science
       Maharishi University of Management
      (Maharishi International University 1971-1995)
        http://www.mum.edu/cs_dept