Re: Mail not configured. Best mail program?

Antonio Rodriguez <arodriguez@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Since I normally use Netscape for my mail, I didn't bother to
> configure
> exim, mail and other mail programs that were in the default
> installation
> for potato. But each time I run emacs, I get some stalling while it
> says
> at the bottom : "No mail ***..., reverting to default" So, now I want
> install some mailing program to stop that annoyance, and also to try
> something different. What is best? My internet connection is from home
> through AT&T provider.

You will no doubt get a range of suggestions on this. I have tried most
email apps for Linux and I have found that Ishmail takes some beating.
Ishmail was originally a commercial app and is very sophisticated and
polished. It is now under the GNU licence and is under active
development. It is available from http://ishmail.sourceforge.net/ - it
does need motif (or lesstif) to compile. Both are available free on the
'net.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux