Newbie warning: XF86Setup help needed

Hi

I suppose this is quite simple but since I'm a newbie I have big difficulties. I
would appreciate if someone could give me a hint on how to get this up and
running.

I'm trying to install Debian and everything seems to work except that I'm not
able to get the xerver up and running. I run XF86Setup and setup things the best
I can but when I quit,I see the message "starting server" and after a few
seconds the screen goes black ... and stay that way.

I suppose that my problem is that I'm not setting up the correct configuration,
but I don't know what I should choose. The graphics cards is (according to
windows) an ATI Rage Fury Pro (which is not listed in XF86Setup) and the screen
is a Fujitsu x192.

I would appreciate if someone could "push" me in the right direction to get my
machine up and running.

                    jem
--
Jan Erik Moström                             mailto:jem@mostrom.pp.se