Re: ssh X forwarding error

:: Lazar Fleysher writes:

> Hi everybody,
> I have a question regarding ssh configuration
> My home computer is behing an ip-forwarding server which does not have
> xwindows installed. When I login to my home computer through the
> server, I get the following error:

> Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could
> not be run on the server side.

> The error is generated when I go through the server part in

> ssh serverhostname -luser -t ssh mypc -lme

> Could someone suggest what I should do?

I believe that some time ago X forwarding was disabled by default in
ssh.

Try "ssh -X".

You may want to put this in our .bashrc:

alias ssh='ssh -X'

Just be aware that the change was made bewcause X forwarding was
considered a security risk...

Or at least, this is what I remember. Someone please correct me if I'm
wrong.

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil