Re: Stormix and Brokerage Fees

Bill Ramsey wrote:

> If you live in the US, be aware that if you order anything from
> Stormix you will charged a brokerage fee when the package is
> delivered.
>
> I ordered the deluxe boxed set from Stormix:
> Storm Linux 2000 Deluxe Edition              69.95    1      0.00
>                                                          GST: 4.89
>                                                    Tax Total: 0.00
>                                      Shipping: Express - USA: 21.99
>                                                  Grand Total: 91.94
>
> Imagine my surprise when the UPS guy tells me that I owe him $38 in
> brokerage fees !! I refused the package and I've canceled my order. I
> don't need stormix that bad.
>
> I'll just have to learn how to install Debian the hard way -- I've
> tried 3 times so far : slink and now potato. With Potato I've gotten
> X-Windows up - but I can't connect to the internet (WVDial fails with
> my ISP) and I can't print (the LP module wouldn't install during the
> installation).
>
> Just to let everyone know about the brokerage fees.
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Ramsey
> bramsey@concentric.net
I am surprised to hear of this. If anyone else has had this experience
please advise via pvt. mail. I have recommended Storm Linux to my
customers who want to try a Do-It-Yourself approache to trying out
Linux. If this is the case I will re-evaulate that decision.
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173