RE: Problems setting DMA

Which motherboard are you using? If you are using one with the ALi 15XX
chipset, then you cannot set dma via hdparm...you'd have to fetch a patch
for the kernel and enable dma via the kernel....the patch is
kernel-ide-2.2.17 (for the 2.2.17 kernel) or something like that (can't
rememebr the exact name)....once patched, you will see under block devices
the option to enable dma...

HTH

Patrick Cheong
Information Systems Assurance