Re: new system to buy

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 04:28:32PM -0500, matthschulz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after many months fighting with myself and then with my better half I'm
> finally ready to build a new system.
>
> It is intended to run Debian and KDE2, maybe also OS/2 4.
>
> I did some research and i have the following in mind now:
>

> motherboard	SOYO K7VTA
> Mem		128MB Corsair PC133
> HD		DiamondMax Plus 15GB, 7200RPM,
> 		UDMA 66 ST0151500U
> Sound		not really important, so I'm going to use the onboard
> Graphics card	ATI Rage Fury Pro ATI Rage 128 Pro
>
> case midtower with >=300W
>

> No network right now, external modem (works superior: 48k-53k connections),
> keyboard, trackball, tapedrive, cd-rom, printer from old system.
>
> Anyone any comment?

http://www.spindletp.com/  sells a pretty nice system with a sweet
looking case (the blackbird).  It comes with Debian or Red Hat
preinstalled.

Of course, build your own if you want; it is much more fun.  But the
blackbird has such a cool case I had to mention it...

--
Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no feet,
so I took his shoes.
                -- Dave Barry