Re: exim help needed (fwd)

Philipp Schulte <p.schulte@matrix.uni-duisburg.de> writes:

> > No I get my mail from the  school's IMAP server. I want to send it via
> > it's SMTP  server, or SMTP relay  server, or any  server whatsoever at
> > cs.ubc.ca. Surely it can't be that hard! -chris
>
> But why? If you can't reach that server why don't you use your ISP's?
> What exactly is your problem then?
> Phil

Well, the  point isn't really  why I want  to do it  but how can  I do
it. In any case,  the reason I want to do it  is elegance (all my mail
is dealt with  by the same organization) and the fact  that I trust my
school sysadmins  more than  Rogers.com. Though if I  can't figure
out how to tell exim to telnet to localhost:6025 within a week, I will
do as you  suggest and use my ISP's server.  Except, that still leaves
me   with   the  same   problem:   whether   it's  localhost:6025   or
smtp.ISP.com:25, I can't convince exim to look there! -chris