Re: exim help needed (fwd)

> > Dunno, what's that? I want my mail going to/from my school server.
>
> exim calls this a "smarthost".  Rerun eximconfig and two of your canned
> configuration options will be
>
>  (2) Internet site using smarthost: You receive Internet mail on this
>      machine, either directly by SMTP or by running a utility such as
>      fetchmail. Outgoing mail is sent using a smarthost. optionally with
>      addresses rewritten. This is probably what you want for a dialup
>      system.
>
>  (3) Satellite system: All mail is sent to another machine, called a "smart
>      host" for delivery. root and postmaster mail is delivered according
>      to /etc/aliases. No mail is received locally.
>
> Choose one of these (probably the first) and, if your school will let you use
> them as a smarthost, you should be set.

I did this.  Mutt claims to send  my mail (in other words  it does not
complain),  but  the mail  is  never sent.  I  don't  see anything  in
/var/spool/mqueue, though  perhaps I shouldn't. Maybe  someone who has
this working  can just send me  the relevant config  files, for either
exim  or   any  other  MTA  (though  preferably   not  the  gargantuan
sendmail). It would really be nice to be able to send mail, sigh..
chris