Fw: PCI modems

Thanks Leonardo

I tried "cat /proc/pci" but didn't find anything labeled Communication. But
I did find a serial controller with same vendor ID as my modem so I figured
this was probably it. The lines in file were:

"I/O at 0xcf00 [0xcf01].
Bus 1, device 13, fucntion 0:
Serial controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 1).
Vendor id  = 12b9. Devide id =1008
Medium devsel. IRQ 3.
I/0 at 0xcf00 [0xcff1]"

Based on that I changed the IRQ in /etc/serial.conf from 4 to 3. Then ran
/etc/init.d/setserial start, just as you suggested. But now rather than
getting no response, i.e. I'm quickly returned to command prompt, I hang
until I eventually hit Control/c.

Do you think it's possible that I'm using wrong tty. I'm using ttyS0. I
changed that from ttyS00 at someone else's suggestion. But I still seem to
be getting no response. Wvdial reports "modem not responding" when I try
using it.

Thanks again for any further suggestions.

Ken