Re: mgetty setup for terminal login

John Anderson wrote:

> I'm trying to set up mgetty to except logins through the modem.  When I
> dial from a terminal, all I receive is a connect speed but no login
> prompt.  How do I make mgetty issue a login prompt?

Put something like this in your /etc/mgetty/login.config file:

/AutoPPP/ -     a_ppp   /usr/sbin/pppd file /etc/ppp/options.dialin

And the options.dialin file should look something like this:

:192.168.100.200
ipcp-accept-remote
auth
-chap
+pap
login
debug
ms-dns 192.168.100.110
ms-dns 207.69.188.185
ms-dns 207.69.188.186
ms-wins 192.168.100.110
proxyarp

You may not want the ms-dns lines.  They are to provide DNS for Win95
dialin users.  Likewise, the ms-wins line is so their Network
Neighborhood can see Windows machines in the office.