Re: capture ipchains -M -L

daye149@pacbell.net (Nick) wrote:-

> can anyone suggest how to
>
> capture a terminal session (equivalent to print screen button for
windows)
> to paste to a text document
>
> or capture a screen in GNOME to send via email??
>
> thanks list.
>
> nick

I don't know of any way to capture a terminal session retrospectively, but
if you know in advance that you want to capture it you can use 'script'.
'man script' for more details.

OTOH, if you just want to capture the output of 'ipchains -M -L' why not
just redirect it to a file, i.e.
     # ipchains -M -L > ipchains.rules
Another way is to use ipchains-save, like this:-
     # ipchains-save > ipchains.rules

Mike

--
Mike Jones
Unix System Administrator

For the latest data on the economy and society
consult National Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by
the sender of this message are not necessarily
those of the Office for National Statistics