Re: Creating kernel packages with make-kpkg

    Klaus>   make-kpkg --bzImage --flavour adder --revsion 2.2.17-1
    Klaus> buildpackage

[...]

    Klaus> Second problem: The kernel-image does install its modules
    Klaus> in /lib/modules/2.2.17. But if I compile the additional
    Klaus> modules (alsa and pcmcia) with this command:

You shouldn't be using the --flavour option unless you
have patched the kernel using the patch supplied in
/usr/doc/kernel-package/Flavours.gz

It seems like this patch is not in place, as the modules should
get installed in

/lib/modules/2.2.17-$flavour

if you really use flavours correctly.

    Klaus>   make-kpkg --flavour mamba --revision 2.2.17-1 modules

    Klaus> the alsa- and pcmcia packages are installing their modules
    Klaus> to /lib/modules/2.2.17-adder or
    Klaus> /lib/modules/2.2.17-mamba. In that way I have no chance to
    Klaus> create alsa- and pcmcia-packages for different kernel
    Klaus> packages with the same kernel version. Is it correct that I
    Klaus> don't need to specify the --flavour option when compiling
    Klaus> the modules? And are these module packages compatible with
    Klaus> all kernel 2.2.17 packages?

I am afraid you have lost me here...

You can only have one version of the alsa- and pcmcia-packages for
each kernel {version,flavour} combination. (at least that is my
understanding). Perhaps that is what you meant?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>