RE: sunrpc on port 111 and domain on port 53

Port 111 is the portmapper (for NFS and other RPC services) and port 53 is
BIND (DNS).  If you're not running NSF, you really don't need the portmapper
for much (although you can protect it with TCP Wrappers), and you don't need
BIND unless you're either providing name service for a domain, or running a
caching name server for your own use.

-----
Marc Wilson
mwilson@moonkingdom.net