Re: Copying / partition, segmentation fault

Brian Dockter wrote:

> I've always used cpio for copying/moving entire file systems (although I haven't yet
> needed to on Debian yet). A command such as:
>
>      find / -xdev -depth -print | cpio -pdm /mnt
>
> should also do the trick.

I just hate replying to my own messages, but I caught a bug (although too late for
inclusion in the original email) and decided I'd better fix it. The following commands
should work better:

     cd /
     find . -xdev -depth -print | cpio -pdm /mnt

I guess I need to do a better job of controlling my enthusiasm. :-)

Brian

--
Brian Dockter                    | Email: Brian.Dockter@am.sony.com
Sr. Member Technical Staff       | Voice: 425-771-2400