Re: Monitor power-down/screensaver

  try to experiment with xset dpms from xterm, once you find it works,
add it to one of the x startup files, I suggest xdm startup file (see
/etc/X11/xdm/*), what I do is set xscreensaver to start "saving" in
something like 10 minutes and xset dpms to turn off monitor after 30 min
or something like that (maybe even longer) so that the monitor is not
turned on/off too often and I can enjoy screensaver...

  xscreensaver seems to be the best (that I know of) screensaver (or
more like meta screensaver, it is just controlling program that uses
individual real screensavers), you can also download special gl
screenhacks for xscreensaver, just install xscreensaver-gl package...
(you have to have mesa installed too)

	erik