Sendmail 8.11

I was looking for some updated files last week, that were in the
Woody collection, and updated my Potato installation... Sendmail
was updated to 8.11 and now my Netscape users cannot use this
machine as their outgoing mail host.  My Pine users are ok!
When sending mail with Netscape it complains about not having
a username, if a user name is provided in the Outgoing mail
user name (in Preferences), then Netscape will prompt for a
password.  If the user exists on the outgoing mail host, and
the user provides the correct password, then the mail will be
sent...  This is new behavior from Sendmail 8.9.3

How can I configure Sendmail 8.11 to work as before?

One more thing...  Was wondering if anybody knows how to do
content filtering in Sendmail.  I want to check Subject: for
keywords/phrases (not the entire subject line, I'm already
doing that), and possibly check the contents of the message
body.  Doing the checks at SMTP time is preferred,
checking later and then trying to send bounce type emails
doesn't have the same effect.

Thanks for your time,

-Craig Coles