Re: Monitor power-down/screensaver

--- Glyn Millington <glyn@mill29.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: >
On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 12:03:15PM +0800, thus spake
> Tim Wood:
><snip>>
> Somewhere in your home directory you have a file
> called .xsession?  Stick a
> line like this in it.........
>

> xscreensaver -timeout 2 -cycle 2  -no-splash &
>
> That should get xscreensaver going, if you have it
> installed.  Hit
>
> man xscreensaver for the details
>
> HTH
>
> Glyn M

Glyn,
     typed man xscreensaver and ..nothing.
I did not realise that I would need an addition.
Surprised it isn't included as standard.

Did an apt-get - 1900kB, wow!

Added the above line to /etc/X11/xsession and the
previews are now there. Just one thing though, X
freezes as soon as I select one.

Sorry to be a pest but what now? I don't want to have
to modify each users xsession if I can avoid it.

TIA,
    Tim