Re: Linux Novice needs help with SPARC install

I'm supposed to get a Sparcstation 2,  I've found a lot of information at
www.ultralinux.org, and www.sunhelp.org.  Both web sites have information
about sun systems...  Ultralinux.org discusses all of the Linux
distributions on Sparc machines, hardware supported, etc.

Also,  I did a web search through Altavista, I think, which brought up
original documentation for my future machine.  You can probably go to
www.sun.com and under search, type in <sparcstation 5>.

Also, if you are thinking of using Debian, the install manual,
www.debian.org select installation instructions, then sparc.  I know you
can boot from floppy, cdrom (if so equipped) or from a network.  If you
have any other question feel free to send me a message, hope this helps.
:-)
John Kerr Anderson