Re: How to read pdf-files

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 03:44:45PM +0200, Stephan Kulka wrote:

> Which program should I use to view a pdf.? AFAIK there is no acrobat
> reader for linux.

gv, gnome-gv, xpdf or maybe even acroread, which btw. is the Acrobat
reader that didn't exist. :->
acroread is in non-free, but the others are in main, I think.

> Is there a possibility to read them at the command line?

If you mean reading them in text mode with a vt100 terminal etc. there
is pdftotext program in xpdf-package which supposedly converts pdf to
text. Though I have no idea how good job it actually does...

--
Tommi Komulainen                               Tommi.Komulainen@iki.fi