Re: IMP error: 'document contained no data'

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:51:40 Matthew Thompson wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, ian mckerrow wrote:
>
> > I've had that same spontanious error using netscape
> > under MS.  I tried to discover the cause but gave up
> > after a few hours and went to bed.  The next morning
> > the error was absent.  I concluded that it was caused
> > by my internet connection and not an onboard error.
> >
> > I've had it once since for 10 minutes and then
> > everything was fine.  My C++ error correction did not
> > run on either occasion.
> >
> > Ian.
>
> The thing is, on my system it has been there consistently since Saturday
> night (US Pacific time :) when I got home.  I get the same error under
> Netscape whether it's running on Linux, MacOS or Win98, whether outside my
> firewall or behind it.  IE under Win98 just times out and says the page
> can't be displayed.
>
> ???
>

> > --- Matthew Thompson <mattyt@oz.net> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm running IMP as the frontend for my mailserver.
> > > Oddly enough, things
> > > were working fine before I left out of town for a
> > > week.  I got back, and
> > > whenever I try to send a message (whether as a
> > > Reply, or as a new
> > > message), I get a Netscape: Error window that says
> > > 'The document contained
> > > no data.  Try again later, or contact the srver's
> > > administrator.'
> > >
> > > Well, that would be me, so rather than contacting
> > > myself, I come to the
> > > list for assistance. :)
> > >
> > > TIA for any help.

Me too.
The error message I get is:

Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function pg_pconnect() in
/etc/horde/db_pgsql.inc on line 40

I'm using the latest netscape on the same Debian box I run
horde/imp/exim/imap4/fetchmail/etc. on.

My best guess is the php3 (and php4) security update this weekend fucked
something up with horde/imp.

Harald