Re: DIVX?

yes.  search for avifile on freshmeat.   There's also an xmms-avi plugin
(still in a pretty primitive state) and an xmps-avi plugin (distributed
with avifile).  Expect to have to muck around w/ it a bit, as avifile's
autoconf is a bit...lacking..

Oh, and you'll need to get the win32 DLLs for it as well.   read the avifile
docs.