Re: switiching window managers

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 09:50:08AM -0400, Eileen Orbell (eileen@orbell.com) wrote:
> Ho do I switch window managers?  I am looking to switch to kde which I have
> downloaded and installed?
> I thought I added a line in .xinitrc
> #kde
> startkde

What's your startup method?

What is your desired outcome?

If you're launching X off the command line:

    $ startx <windowmanager> & exit

You can change the default windowmanager with:

    $ /usr/sbin/update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

You should look under /etc/X11/<X display manager> for startup methods
to see how you configure various available window managers / user
environments on startup.