RE: XFsetup

Is GPM loading through /etc/rcX.d? If so, then you'd need to point to
/dev/gpmdata in XF86Setup instead of /dev/psaux or /dev/mouse.

You can determine this by moving your mouse at the console. If you see the
cursor moving (i.e. a grey rectangle), then GPM is running.

HTH

Patrick Cheong
Information Systems Assurance
Measat Broadcast Network Systems