Re: Samba & Win 2000

   From: Eileen Orbell <eileen@orbell.com>

   I have tried and tried to get Windows 2000 to see my linux box through
   Samba so I can share files etc.  But no matter what I tried I have no
   success.  Is there anyone out there who knows how to do this?

   Thanks in advance :-)

If you're new to Samba, look at Swat. That makes setting everything up
much easier.

I have yet to hear of anyone successfully setting up a share for a
Windows 2000 box using a domain. However if you use the old password
authentication mode, you should find that you have fewer problems.