Re: Ghostscript

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 11:31:12AM -0500, Dan Griswold wrote:
> I noticed that the version of GS in Woody is 5.10, while the newest
> stable release listed on the ghostscript home page is 6.01. I'm
> curious: why is that?

Aladdin releases the latest ghostscript under a license which is less
free than GPL.  You can find 6.01 in woody under the name gs-aladdin.

At the time of a new release, the previous version is re-released under
the GNU license.  Version 5.50 is the latest GNU version, but that has
not yet been packaged for Debian.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen