Re: Help Again moving /cdrom to /mnt/cdrom for apt-get

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 09:41:22AM -0700, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 06:57:00AM -0500, John Travis (jo45712@swt.edu) wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Jonathan Gift wrote:
> > > I want to move the cdrom from /cdrom to /mnt/cdrom and even though so
> > > noted
> > > in fstab, apt-get refuses to see anything but /cdrom to grab apps. Any
> > > idea
> > > how to change its config?
>
> I used apt-cdrom briefly a few weeks ago and noted that it appears to be
> hardcoded to use /cdrom as a mountpoint.  There must be a /cdrom
> directory, and an /etc/fstab entry for the CD-ROM to mount on /cdrom.  I
> didn't explore deeply but noted this at the time.  IMO it's a bug,
> should probably be filed as such (or checked).
>

>From apt.conf(5):

cdrom  CDROM  URIs; the only setting for CDROM URIs is the
       mount point, cdrom::Mount which must be  the  mount
       point   for   the   CDROM  drive  as  specified in
       /etc/fstab.  It is possible  to provide  alternate
       mount  and  unmount commands  if  your mount point
       cannot be listed in  the fstab (such as  an SMB mount).
       The syntax is to put "/cdrom/"::Mount "foo"; within
       the cdrom block. It is important to have the trailing
       slash. Unmount commands can be specified using UMount.

Brent