ftp access to apt-get

Can anyone tell me the URI lines needed in sources.list to allow ftp
access
to apt-get?

I've got the following (modified from the default http):
   deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
   deb ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
non-free
   deb ftp://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
but only "ftp.us.debian.org" is working. The other two give error
messages like "No such file or directory" etc.

Where can I find such stuff out? eg. say i wanted to change from
us.debian.org to ca.debian.org? Or in the example above, there is
apparently a difference between the http directory structure on
security.debian.org and the ftp directory struct. How can I find out?

Thanks.

--
Ethan Vaughn
aka levithan.net