xscreensaver without gnome

I would like to run xscreensaver with enlightenment and gdm but without gnome.

I made different trials to run if from my .xsession... but could not
succeed to make it work...

Where should I put the command so that xscreensaver is always active
but in lock mode if logged in and in non-lock mode when gdm is active

--
Christian Lemer
Service de Conformation des Macromolecules Biologiques et de Bioinformatique