xterm bwoken in potato?

After a long while of frustration with lynx not dealing with the numeric
keypad properly (it would not give me numbers... the numlock key was
ignored but it worked fine in bash) I decided to investigate sooo...

I compiled lynx (latest unstable) and installed it. Problem remained.
I compiled ncurses (latest version) and installed it. Problem remained.

I purged packages belonging to both incase there was some residual stuff
and the problem remained.

I, just now, compiled xterm and installed it. Problem went away. Woohoo!

So... did I miss something in a config file somewhere or is the debian
supplied xterm truly broken?

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)

	'He had position, but I was determined to score.'
		-- Worf, DS9, Season 5: 'Let He Who Is Without Sin...'