Re: console MP3 player

Hubert Chan writes:
> Joel Dinel <kint@videotron.ca> writes:
>
> > Is there such a thing as a console-only MP3 player for Debian? I spend a lot of
> > time in Command Line lately, and I don't want to start X just to play a MP3.
>
> mpg123, except it does not have controls to pause, etc.

put:

    Exec    "I"     exec /usr/local/bin/mpg123+ -b 1024 -@ ~/.music/list > ~/.music/log 2>&1 &

in your ~/.fvwmrc, where ~/.music/list is a pipe that you write the
directory/song you want played as text, and, put:

   Exec    "Pause" exec killall -STOP mpg123+ > /dev/null 2>&1 &
   Exec    "Continue after pause" exec killall -CONT mpg123+ > /dev/null 2>&1 &
   Nop     ""
   Exec    "Skip to next in sequence" exec killall -INT mpg123+ > /dev/null 2>&1 &
   Nop     ""
   Exec    "Start" exec /usr/local/bin/mpg123+ -b 1024 -@ ~/.music/list > ~/.music/log 2>&1 &
   Exec    "Stop" exec killall -TERM mpg123+ > /dev/null 2>&1 &

in a popup menu, (perhaps with your songs,) and you can pause, skip,
stop songs, etc.

A cheap way of doing an mp3 player using fvwm's menus.

	John

--

John Conover        Tel. 408.370.2688  conover@rahul.net
631 Lamont Ct.      Cel. 408.772.7733  http://www.johncon.com/