Re: X-window

Please do not CC: me.
Please use postfix followup.  This means your response goes **AFTER**
the body text.  2nd request.
Please set your mail client linewrap to 72 characters.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 03:12:24PM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez (arodriguez@worldnet.att.net) wrote:
> kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>
> > Please us postfix followup.
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 02:41:10PM -0400, A R
> > (arodriguez@worldnet.att.net) wrote:

> > > I have the same problem, is is only a small square in the center if
> > > the screen. My XF86Config file is here
> >
> > Repost with XF86Config **AND** the output from your X server, as
> > specified above.
> >
> > I suspect bad modelines.

> I have xdm taking over, so I need to kill it before I do startx
> whatever, but I want to kill it in a way that does not remove it. How
> do I prevent it from taking over just once, that is, so that I can do
> the indicated procedure?

One-time fix:

    $ /etc/init.d/xdm stop

To prevent xdm startup:

    $ update-rc.d -f xdm remove

To prevent running xdm on console, edit /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers and
comment out local displays.