Re: debian-user-digest Digest V100 #210

> Subject: Processor
> Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:42:48 GMT
> From: "william Elling" <will_dav@hotmail.com>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> For any version of linux i was wondering what the best chooose would
> be to
> build a computer for home use.  I have a p2 300mhz and was going to
> upgrade
> to a 600mhz p2 or 700 mhz athlon processor and was wondering which is
> the
> best to choose

I recentyly did the same thing. I swiched from a pII 300 to a
athalon/thunderbird sevenhundred and have been really happy with the
results. I run Debian Potato and i have had no problems. The system has
been up and going for about three months now with nothing more major
than crashing enlightenment a few times.