Re: libmysqlclient.so.9

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:04:32AM +0200, Jens Luedicke wrote:
> Hi there ...
>
> I'm using Perl to access a mysql db.
> After the last upgrade Perl complained
> that a shared lib wasn't found: libmysqlclient.so.9
>
> According to apt-get I have the lastest
> libmysqlclient9 package installed.
>
> Even a symlink to libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0
> didn't fix the problem.
>
> What's wrong there ?

Nothing wrong, woody just became 'unstable'... again ;)

I'm sure it will be fixed shortly, but if you can't wait you might want
to try following, at least it works for me. No guarantees, use at your
own risk, yadayadayada, etc...

I assume you're using libdbd-mysql-perl package, if not, ignore the rest
of this message.  You'll need the tools for building debian packages for
this to succeed.

1. Download libdbd-mysql-perl source package
	"apt-get source libdbd-mysql-perl"
2. cd libdbd-mysql-perl-1.2214
3. Edit lib/DBD/Install.pm, modify the line
	$sysliblist = "-L$lilbdir -lmysqlclient";
	$sysliblist = "-L$lilbdir -lmysqlclient -lz";
4. Run dch -i so that apt-get will not replace your modified package
   until a decent fix appears on debian mirrors. Type something like
   "Recompile." as the log message, if you wish.
5. Build package with
	"debuild -us -uc"
6. Install the package
	"dpkg --install ../libdbd-mysql-perl_1.2214-2_*.deb"
7. Hope it works and send me $0.02 to compensate this mail =)

--
Tommi Komulainen                               Tommi.Komulainen@iki.fi