Re: Problem with gdm and XF401 in /usr/XF40/

Francois Fayard <fayard@ens.fr> writes:
FF> I have compiled XF 4.0.1 in /usr/XF40 (I don't want XF 4.0.1 from Woody
FF> because I run Potato). But now Gdm doesn't start the X server at boot time
FF> and I don't know where I have to configure this special installation.
FF>
FF> I have put the new Xfree PATH in /etc/profile and /root/.profile.
FF> Do I have to add it elsewhere ?

Two separate issues:

(1) /etc/profile and /root/.profile only get read when (users, root)
    logs in.  I don't think they affect random things that happen to
    get run.

(2) Most things that start X servers list out an explicit path to the
    X server (e.g. /usr/bin/X11/XF86_SVGA).

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell