Voodoo 3 3000 (new)

Hey,

I continue to make progress with the curse-ed setup of this blasted video card (Voodoo 3 3000 AGP), but I can't seem to ever quite get it to work.  I have installed device3dfx-source, mesag2-v3, and mesa-glide2-dev.  I compiled the 3dfx module successfully, and can install it with no problems.  The permissions are set correctly on my /dev/3dfx, yet I can't get 'test3Dfx' to work.  I've been trying to run it in X (because if I run it in a terminal, it can't access the v3 board), but when I try the test, xterm just locks up.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, which is quite frustrating.  Please, if you now of anything I could do, would you email me?

thanks,
Cameron Matheson