printtool

I'm trying to get my printer working after an upgrade. I've posted
several other messages to the list, so I won't repeat them now. My
question is this..
When I try to configure printtool for my Epson StylusColor 600 printer,
there is nothing listed about resolution settings, paper type, etc.. And
printtool locks up and won't do anything. Obviously a bug?
The odd part is that printtool has worked fine for me the last 2 months
or so and my problems only began after this update, which I remember
printtool being replaced.
When I check the available packages, there is only 1 package available
for printtool. Is it possible the new package doesn't support the 600
printer? It will work, somewhat, by configuring it to use the
epson driver.

Anyone else had this problem?

thanks