Re: PS/2 mouse

Not a solution, I'm afraid, but I have also witnessed similar problems
lately trying to do the same thing.

X, with the appropriate pointer settings, fails to recognise the mouse.

Probably more interestingly, if I tell GPM to use the PS/2 mouse, when i
move the mouse, the console will freeze, requiring me to telnet in and
kill GPM. I use the GPM repeater for X, so I figure that getting it
working in GPM will be the first step.

I don't know about Don's mouse, but mine is a Logitech MousMan Plus,
which works fine as a serial mouse. Using Potato and a self-compiled
2.2.17 (with psaux support compiled in).

Anyone have an suggestions?

cheers,

damon

Quoth Cavaiani, Don,

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,