Re: Accounting

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Techgod wrote:

> I'm looking for a Linux accounting program, if there is one.  I've been on
> the verge of buying Quickbooks Pro, but would rather stay away from windows
> products.  Does Linux have something like quickbooks?

We have several programs which have some of the functionality of Quicken,
viz MoneyDance, GNUCash and CBB. And we have higher end accounting systems
such as AppGen. But AFAIK, the Quickbooks niche is as yet unfilled. (I
presume you need functions like 'inventory' and 'payroll'.)

For questions of this genre, I recommend a Linux-oriented search engine,
viz Google (www.google.com/linux). Search, for example, on 'linux
accounting program'.

Dwight
--