2.4 kernel and HP Laser Series II

So -- I really like the 2.4 kernel. Except that it doesn't seem to want to let me use my classic HP Laser Series II printer. I have no problems with the printer when I boot a 2.2.15 kernel, but for some reason, 2.4 isn't much on working. I have inserted a chunk of my dmesg for you all here in hopes that it may aid you in aiding me.

parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE]
parport0: cpp_daisy: aa5500ff(98)
parport0: assign_addrs: aa5500ff(98)
parport0: cpp_daisy: aa5500ff(98)
parport0: assign_addrs: aa5500ff(98)
pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured
lp: driver loaded but no devices found
Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M

Any help is appreciated, and of course ...

Thanks in advance,

Matt

--
You Like Science?