Re: Newbee Qs on Gnome

"Eric G . Miller" <egm2@jps.net> writes:

> > Somehow I  got through the installation of debian, and I now got  it
> > running on my pc. Now I would like to configure it to use Gnome and gdm
> > after booting. Is there anyone out there who can help me?
>
> Well, that's easy: $ apt-get install task-gnome-desktop gdm

To get a more uptodate GNOME Desktop, use Helix GNOME. See
http://www.helixcode.com for more information...

Just add this line to your /etc/apt/source.list:

deb ftp://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/distributions/debian unstable main

and do: 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get install task-helix-core' (for
the core elements of a Helix GNOME Desktop). There's also the meta
package 'task-helix-gnome', which installs much more GNOME
packages (You can check it with 'apt-get --simulate
task-helix-gnome'...

	moritz
--
/* Moritz Schulte <moritz@hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de>