Re: Debian Australian mirror @ mirror.aarnet

Quoth Chanop Silpa-Anan,
> Does anybody know the reason why Debian mirror @ mirror.aarnet.edu.au
> has been stop mirroring woody main since late last month?

I haven't been tracking woody, but I have been using that site for it's
helix gnome mirror, which as of yesterday seemed up to date.

> BTW, where is the nearest mirror, in Australia?

When it's working mirror.aarnet.edu.au is hard to go past, but if it
aint doing it for you, ftp.monash.edu.au (accessable by http) also
mirrors debian. I presume it has woody, it certainly has potato.

If your're on any edu.au, monash should be nice and fast over AARNet I
would guess (I'm on unimelb.edu.au, and it flies), but I don't know
anything closer to Canberra.

HTH,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,